$225—5th Grade Participant
Cost of the trip will cover meals from Sunday lunch through Friday lunch, lodging, transportation, VBS supplies, and any extra activities.
Students who have completed 5th Grade by summer 2019 and their parents or other adult family members.
Note: Parents do not have to attend in order for the student to participate but are ENCOURAGED and welcome to be a part of the team.
The 5th Grade Missions Team will partner with a church in the Jackson, TN community to host a Backyard Kids Club (BKC). Backyard Kids Clubs are simply Vacation Bible School conducted at a partner church, community park or someone’s backyard.
• Each 5th grader will be assigned to a team that will teach during the BKC and lead a rotation (i.e. music, recreation, crafts, etc.). Adult participants will serve on the same team as their 5th grader.
• The team will be responsible for leading Bible Study, Music, Crafts, and Recreation.
• During the day, training and preparation for each night’s activities will happen with the team along with a few opportunities for community mission projects.
Students who participate in the mission team will also have the opportunity to help lead in the VBS at Brentwood Baptist June 10-14.
The team will still be staying overnight Sunday-Thursday at a local church or lodging facility in Jackson, TN. Team members will be responsible for providing air mattresses and sleeping necessities if needed.
We will rent vans for transportation that will be driven by Children’s Ministry staff or parents that are a part of the missions team.
May 31: Commitments need to be made with a $50/person deposit and complete online registration (one application per participant—child or adult).
Time Commitment: EACH child and adult who commits to be a part of the mission team is EXPECTED to participate in the full week from Saturday through Friday.
Adult Team Member Expectations:
Will participate with the team as same as the 5th grade students—all day, every day.
Will be responsible for helping to lead a group of 5th graders as they are assigned to teaching teams.
Will stay overnight with students at housing location.
Full adult participation is a must for helping this mission team be a success! : )
TRAINING & PREPARATION
Each student and adult participating in the mission team is expected to attend the following group training times:
Training dates will be announced soon!
* Please note that these dates are subject to change. If any changes are necessary, we will notify you as soon as possible!
In addition, each participant will be assigned to a teaching team. It will be the responsibility of each teaching team to plan and prepare outside of the large group training times.
PARTICIPATION IN VBS:
Each student is recommended to participate in the VBS event at Harpeth Heights. This will be a significant part of the preparation for the Missions Team:
June 10-14: Harpeth Heights Campus
9 AM–12:15 PM | Age 5-Grade 5
HOW DO YOU MAKE SURE YOU ARE REGISTERED?
• Complete the online registration form at BrentwoodBaptist.com/children and pay $50 deposit by May 31. Registration and deposit is required PER PARTICIPANT (child or adult).
• The Children’s Ministry Office will contact you regarding payment once your application has been received.
• Do not complete the online “Mission Journey” application in the Missions area of the website—this is not for this trip!
Need more information?
Children’s Ministry Office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 615.324.6131